Tuesday, July 20, 2010

You've Inspired Me to Great Heights



Dear Mom,

Today I carried you in my backpack to the top of Mt Baldy. Recently, I started dedicating my hikes to special people in my life...and this one was dedicated to you! I thought of you every step of the way, and as the trail got steeper and more challenging I thought of all that you have endured in the past year and how bravely you have battled your illness. You have been an incredible example as you have remained so pleasant and have had such a positive attitude through it all!! Thinking of my sweet mother helped me make it to the top of the mountain today, and you surely would have heard from me at the very moment I reached the summit except that at 10,064 ft I couldn't get any reception on my cell phone! I thought you might enjoy these pictures of my hike that you unknowingly participated in. I will always cherish the memories I have of our Pencil Point hike from so many years ago. Thanks for helping me climb so many mountains in my life--in other words, thanks for always believing in me, encouraging me and loving me. I love you Mom!

Love, Joanie






No comments:

Post a Comment